News and Announcements
Hey Franklin Family,
I know I’m perhaps a bit “old school” for even suggesting such a thing, but Letter Jackets are coming back in style! You qualify for a letter jacket after one “varsity season” at FCHS, which means there’s a great deal of athletes that are either qualified or will be qualified.
See note below:
FCHS ATHLETIC LETTER JACKETS
A REPRESENTATIVE FROM FC CONNECTION WILL BE IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE FROM 3:00 TO 3:45 pm on OCTOBER 5th TAKING ORDERS FOR ATHLETIC LETTER JACKETS.
JACKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE TO TRY ON FOR SIZING. THE JACKET COMES WITH AN “F” ON THE FRONT. IF YOU HAVE ITEMS TO BE SEWN ON THE JACKET, BRING THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU PLACE THE ORDER. PAYMENT IS DUE WHEN PLACING THE ORDER. ORDER FORMS MAY BE PICKED UP IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: FC CONNECTION
PAYMENTS CAN ALSO BE MADE WITH A CREDIT CARD OR CASH.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL HOLLI TERRELL: email@example.com
Franklin Swim & Dive Family,
A few updates as we approach the wonderful world of fall break and my personal favorite season… Autumn. (You thought I’d say Swim Season, huh?)
OFFICIAL FCHSSND APPAREL
Remember that tonight, September 29th, is the final night in “Order Window 1” to purchase your athlete’s apparel. We will have another window offered by Kratz during the first week of the boy’s season.
You can anticipate a roughly one-month turnaround between purchase time and receiving your items. For that reason, we encourage you to get on this order today!
There will be a parent window, offered by someone within our corporation, which will be open during late October/early November. While this won’t necessarily be all Adidas gear, there will be great options at a reasonable price for those who wish to support their athlete from up in the stands.
Thursday practices will always be from 6:15-7:30 am, which is different from the written schedule. The practice change comes after our late start being changed within the week and day. I hope to update the calendars online within the week.
In addition to the Thursday change, remember that Fall Break begins after next Friday, October 7th. Please see the Fall Break Schedule below:
- Mon 8-10am, Tues 8-10a, Wed 8-10a, Thurs 8-10a, Fri 8-10a, Sat 8-10a
As of this morning, there are more than half of our athletes are missing their physicals or it’s not been filed. Please be diligent about scheduling this. Remember that it MUST be finished as of the following dates:
GIRLS → OCT 24th
BOYS → NOV 7th
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. We’re coming down the stretch!
Kratz Sports & Apparel has put some serious time into making sure we’re going to get our gear at the beginning of the season, hence the early release of our official apparel store.
There are a couple things to know:
1. Apparel Store (1st window) . 1st window will ensure that items arrive on time at the beginning of the season.
2. The 2nd window will take place in late October / early November. Due to a one-month turnaround, that gear can be expected sometime in December.
3. There is a “Mandatory” set of gear that is required for both boys and girls. It is marked “Mandatory” on the website. It should include 1 top, 1 hoodie, and shorts for both genders.
We appreciate your patience as this is generally one of the most difficult things we do in a given season from a logistical standpoint.
We look forward to seeing you tonight in the Cafeteria (there is a chance we move to the library if the projector isn’t available.)
We’re back and the season is upon us. We’re trying to get a head start on this season by having our call-out meetings just a tad earlier than normal. If your athlete missed us, we’ve had a diving call-out as well as a swimming call-out within the last week! Missed it? No worries!
We have you covered below with some notes:
Parent Meeting to be Wednesday, September 21st – 6pm – High School Cafeteria
Our parent meeting will include information on physicals, communication, apparel, breakfast, meals, and more.
- Other important notes:*
- Swimming 2022-23 Calendar Posted in the documents tab
- Swimming 2022-23 Parent Meeting Presentation posted in the documents tab
- Swimming 2022-23 Rules, Expectations, Varsity vs. JV
On another more exciting note, we will be having a duo of Amy Beard and Travis Stevenson to lead our Diving program into the season. With their unrivaled passion and enthusiasm for the sport, we’re excited for the future of our program. They’re eager to share their love of the sport with kids and we hope that you can help us recruit some young Grizzly Cub athletes to take on the challenge of taking Franklin diving to the next level!
Can’t make it to the call out, make sure to reach out to one of the following reps, who can help you with anything from suits to hot breakfast!
- Jodi Meinczinger – J.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Campbell – email@example.com
- Jenny Mowrey – Jennymowrey@gmail.com
Thanks for all of your passion, support, and patience for this program. It means the word to myself, our coaches, and our athletes. Franklin Swimming & Diving is a special place due to our parents.
I mean…. did you REALLY think my emails were over?!?!
Just a few things to help wrap up the season:
1. If you need a patch form and did not get one at the banquet, please reach out. Forms are due to the athletic office by March 11.
2. We will place a tote inside the pool doors for warm-ups. Since there is no senior groups practice this afternoon, we will get that tote there tomorrow afternoon before the end of the practice.
3. Since the presentation was not made at the banquet, I wanted to let you know that because of your KIND and GENEROUS hearts the team was able to present EACH of the coaches with $200 in gift cards to their favorite places. Thank you for helping give these much deserving coaches a treat filled with thanks and appreciation for their countless hours on deck.
4. There were some awards, photos, posters, etc… left at the banquet. If you are missing something, reach out and I will point you in the right direction. The State yard signs were passed out to all the State swimmers/divers at the banquet. New (possibly dated) signs will be ordered next year so that everyone’s sign is identical.