News and Announcements
Tomorrow, January 16, #FCHSSnD am practice will be affected by the 2hr delay and will run from 7:45-9:05 am. Be safe out there, it’s cold out. #spreadtheword
It’s been well over a week of freezing temps in Central Indiana, but the action was red-hot in the Plainfield High School natatorium, site of this year’s 2018 Mid-State Conference Championships. The swimming and diving teams, fresh off of winter break training, were prepared to make a splash. They did just that.
Franklin Community won* 21 of the 24 Mid-State Conference events, including all 6 relays.* FCHSSnD also went on to break 12 of the 24 conference records during prelims and finals, making this the fastest Mid-State conference meet in history. While there was some impressive individual performances, the entire team shined both in point totals, overall placings, and team camaraderie.
Girls Team Standings:
1. Franklin Community 528
2. Plainfield 384
3. Whiteland 348
4. Greenwood Community 265
5. Mooresville 196
6. Martinsville 181
7. Decatur Central 114
Girls Conference Champions:
• 200 Medley Relay – Jessie Fraley, Kabria Chapman, Anna McCahill, Gracey Payne – 1:48.32
• 200 Freestyle Relay – Gracey Payne, Ella Pheifer, Ali Terrell, Carla Gildersleeve – 1:39.78
• 400 Freestyle Relay – Carla Gildersleeve, Ella Pheifer, Jessie Fraley, Sarah Hoffman – 3:37.83
• Ali Terrell – 200 Individual Medley*
• Carla Gildersleeve – 200 Freestyle*, 100 Butterfly*
• Gracey Payne – 50 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle
• Jessie Fraley – 100 Backstroke
• Kabria Chapman 100 Breaststroke*
• Sarah Hoffman – 500 Freestyle
*denotes conference record
Boys Team Standings:
1. Franklin Community 481
2. Whiteland 390
3. Plainfield 386
4. Decatur Central 236
5. Martinsville 202
6. Mooresville 191
7. Greenwood Community 140
Boys Conference Champions:
• 200 Medley Relay – Cade Oliver, Michael Couet, Griffin Edwards, Jacob Destrampe – 1:34.51*
• 200 Freestyle Relay – Michael Couet, Shane O’Sullivan, Brock Lock, Max Kramer– 1:27.25*
• 400 Freestyle Relay – Cade Oliver, Max Kramer, Brock Lock, Jacob Destrampe – 3:09.06*
• Jacob Destrampe – 200 Freestyle*, 100 Freestyle*
• Cade Oliver – 200 Individual Medley*, 500 Freestyle
• Gauge Creech – Diving
- Griffin Edwards – 100 Backstroke
• Michael Couet – 100 Breaststroke*
*denotes conference record
Fast Skin Fitting is scheduled for January 9th.
Attached is an expense sheet for the same. Our vendor will also have Arena brand available.
In anticipation of the upcoming Mid-State Conference Championships, attached is schedule for the same. Please make sure to send adequate food and drink with your swimmer/diver on Saturday as this is a long day for them.
Our training trip is next week!!!
The team will leave for the trip right after our meet at North Central on 12/28/17. Below is a detailed schedule for the 28th and 29th. A lunch will be provided for the team in between practice and the meet courtesy of Hoffman & Newcomb since this will be a long day for them! Please note the time schedule to be adhered to by the team for these two days. Your child may bring a water bottle as well as any additional snacks should he/she wish to do so. Also, indicated below is a packing list for the trip for your convenience.
Franklin Community High School Swimming and Diving
Itinerary for 2017-2018 FCHSSnD Training Trip
• Thursday, December 28, 2017
• 11:00am – Athletes depart FCHS for North Central Panther Invite. Athletes will need ALL overnight, snacks or lunch, and travel materials along with any items needed for meet.
• 4:30pm – Athletes depart NCHS for FFA Center in Trafalgar.
• 5:30pm – Athletes arrive at FFA Center
• 5:30-6:00pm – Athletes will receive room assignments, check into facility and unload bus.
• 6:00-6:30pm – Outdoor Team Building Activities
• 6:30-7:30pm – Dinner and Clean Up
• 7:30-9:30pm – Game Time and Team Skits
• 9:30-10:30pm – Snack and Team Building. Team will write thank you notes.
• 10:30-11:00pm – Clean up materials and prepare for bed
• 11:00pm – Lights Out
• Friday, December 29, 2017
• 6:00am – Athletes will receive wake up call. They will have 45 minutes to shower and pack up personal items.
• 6:45-7:00am – Team Breakfast, clean up all areas of the FFA Center, and load bus.
• 7:00am – Depart FFA Center for IUPUI Natatorium
• 8:00am – Arrive at IUPUI Natatorium
• 8:00-9:00am – Team dry land activities conducted by head coach
• 9:00-11:00am – Swim and Dive Practice at IUPUI Natatorium
• 11:00-11:45am – Athletes will change and collect personal belongings
• 11:45-12:00pm – Load bus and depart IUPUI for Buca Di Beppo (downtown)
• 12:15-1:30pm – Athletes will arrive at Buca, eat, relax, and reflect
• 1:30pm – Depart Buca for FCHS
• 2:15pm – Arrive at FCHS
-cap, goggles, practice pack
-tennis shoes and socks
-work out clothes
-out for Buca Di Beppo (dark jeans, nice shirt, dress, make-up, hair products, etc.)
-comfortable change of clothes
-toiletries (tooth brush, soap, shampoo, etc.)
-sleeping bag and pillow
extra change of clothes (outside activities—may get clothes wet and dirty)
-no extra money needed